Ten things I loved about this photo session (in no particular order):
1. It was a morning session! For years I have always requested that my clients shoot their photo sessions in the evening. I was totally missing out on some great lighting and happy toddler temperaments by not shooting in the morning. Lesson learned.
2. Miss Melanie’s awesome mop of curly wonderfulness. Hair envy for me. For sure.
3. Getting to talk and pray with mamma Lisa after our session. So much goodness in those moments, glory to God! (This would be #1 if these were in order)
4. Location. I’ve used the snot out of this spot this spring and i’m still not sick of it! A reeeeealllly wonderful friend shared this location with me a couple years back and it’s one of my favs around E-city.
5. No mosquitos! Always a risk with wooded spots like this, but the little blood suckers were nowhere to be found. Why can’t they suck fat instead?
6. My favorite song came on the radio on the way to the shoot. Good vibes from the get go.
7. My other favorite song came on on the way back home. Two in one morning, oh yeah!!
8. It was a challenging session, exposure-wise, and I love a good challenge. Dark skin tones with white clothing can be tough to get right. I don’t get to practice very often and I love getting out of the box.
9. Melanie has the sweetest little temperament ever and was a piece of cake to photograph.
10. No mosquitos. Sorry, I know I said it once, but I must have whatever blood type the consider a delicacy, because when they are out, I look like a red bumped pin cushion after 15 minutes outside.
Ok, the pictures….