What a busy weekend this has been! I have been looking forward to doing pictures again for this family for a couple years. Without going into detail and boring you all, we really really really love this family. A lot. We are tentatively planning on all of our children marrying each other, that way we won’t have to worry about the in-laws. More to come on the full blog post, but here is a sneak peek (big sneak peek) from tonights session!!
Here’s a sneak peek of tonight’s family/newborn session! We had hoped to get some shots of all the kids together, but sometimes the best plans are made to be broken. The three older kids were waist deep in the water before we could stop them. At least we got some precious captures of 4 day old Ember Luella <3
It’s funny how things tend to go in cycles when it comes to photography locations. I feel like I was shooting in fields all summer, but now it’s fall and so many people have been asking me to do their sessions downtown. Although there are many things that I wish Elizabeth City had more of, as far as photography locations are concerned, I am thankful that we have a cute historical downtown area that is very photogenic. For this session, we went for a little walk around a few blocks and found no shortage of great little spots to take advantage of. Ben and Isabel, the older children, are cousins and are only three days apart in age! They are definitely cut from the same cloth, because they were both giggly, excited, silly little gooses who kept me on my toes the whole time. Baby Charlotte, on the other hand was a complete angel the whole time and and happily stayed close to mamma to watch her older compadres act like monkeys. This is the 4th time I have had the blessing to shoot this gorgeous family and I am so thankful and appreciative of return clients who trust me to capture their precious moments again and again.
Miss Charlotte was in baby dream land when they arrived for our session. I had to get a few shots of her sweet sleepy self <3
The amazing evening light made for a very special session with this endearing family. I am fortunate to have these wonderful folks live right across the street from me. I love their hearts for God and their sweet little family. Jess’ grandparents were in town, so they scheduled this session to get some memorable shots of the extended family all together. I especially loved the pictures of Joan and Gene (the grandparents) at the end of our session. The way they interacted with each other was such a gift to behold and made me excited to think about growing old with Mr. Bean by my side.
You guys remember that gorgeous beauty I posted maternity pictures of last week? The girl standing in the water in the purple wrap? Well, that was just her doing me a favor, this session here was her “legit” maternity/family session. I’m going to put the ten most awesome things about this session and this family here for you to enjoy:
1. The day started out rainy, but the sun came out.
2. Sabrina a.k.a. gorgeous preggo mamma MADE. THOSE. DRESSES. All three of them. Utterly amazing.
3. Her hubby is in the navy and deploys often. I have heard her talk about missing himm, about dealing with kid chaos sans hubby, about being tired, but I have NEVER EVER heard her complain.
4. That baby in her belly, yep, it’s another girl! I’m sure there was a moment when they wanted a boy, but I think they owe it to the human genome and to little boys around the world to only have daughters.
5. Besides not complaining about her hubby being away, she actually offers to watch our kids. Often. Again, without complaining.
6. The alley that we did some of the pictures in was a new place for me to shoot and I’m super excited to have found it. Going back again soon. Maybe with my back-to-school set.
7. I didn’t have to pose her. She’s just awesome like that.
8. Didn’t have to pose the girls either. They get it from their mamma.
9. Hanging out with Sabrina will leave you with sore abs and a full heart. She’s wicked funny and so refreshingly real to be around.
10. I loooooooooove this family!!!!
“Hey girls, show me your sassy pose.”
Total natural in front of the camera. She was flawless, so my job was effortless.
These three make my heart sing. Before I had Avenlea, I would interact with these girls and my heart would just yearn for a daughter. They are smart, funny, caring, and get along like something out of a fairy tale.
“Mommy, why is this place so yucky?”
Sabrina: “Because it’s an alley and that’s how they are.”